Bible Quotes for September 26

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@athiest)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

God Kills Men and Beasts

‘This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I will make your weapons useless against the king of Babylon and the Babylonians who are attacking you.  Yes, I will bring your enemies right into the heart of this city.  I myself will fight against you with great power, for I am very angry.  You have made me furious!  I will send a terrible plague upon this city, and both people and animals will die.  And then, says the LORD, even after King Zedekiah, his officials, and everyone else in the city have survived war, famine, and disease, I will hand them over to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon.  He will slaughter them all without mercy, pity, or compassion.’  “Tell all the people, ‘This is what the LORD says: Take your choice of life or death!  Everyone who stays in Jerusalem will die from war, famine, or disease, but those who go out and surrender to the Babylonians will live.  For I have decided to bring disaster and not good upon this city, says the LORD.  It will be captured by the king of Babylon, and he will reduce it to ashes.’ (Jeremiah 21:4-10 NLT)

Share: