Bible Quote for November 26

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@athiest)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

God’s Sword

Thus the word of the LORD came to me: Son of man, prophesy! say: Thus says the LORD: A sword, a sword has been sharpened, a sword, a sword has been burnished: To work slaughter has it been sharpened, to flash lightning has it been burnished.  Why should I now withdraw it?  You have spurned the rod and every judgment!  I have given it over to the burnisher that he might hold it in his hand, A sword sharpened and burnished to be put in the hand of a slayer.  Cry out and wail, son of man, for it is destined for my people; It is for all the princes of Israel, victims of the sword with my people. Therefore, slap your thigh, for the sword has been tested; and why should it not be so? says the Lord GOD, since you have spurned the rod.  As for you, son of man, prophesy, brushing one hand against the other: While the sword is doubled and tripled, this sword of slaughter, This great sword of slaughter which threatens all around, That every heart may tremble; for many will be the fallen.  At all their gates I have appointed the sword for slaughter, Fashioned to flash lightning, burnished for slaughter.  Cleave to the right! destroy! to the left! wherever your edge is turned.  Then I, too, shall brush one hand against the other and wreak my fury. I, the LORD, have spoken. (Ezekiel 21:13-22 NAB)

Share: